So this is the digital process of the logo design. During this process I managed to take so of my sketches and ideas and develop it into a brand new idea and design. After doing lots of research on the internet the sketches resembles the research I did so this part of the process shows the development through my design process and Idea generation. So Before starting the digital process I looked back over all the sketches I had made I liked lots of ideas and specific elements of others so I thought It might be a good idea to combine some ideas together. So I decided to do some experimenting on the computer and the first thing I did was chose a serif typeface for the design volunteer logo as I thought this typeface showed maturity and professionalism. What I also thought was that there needed to be a defined shape which will help contain the design of the logo. I didn’t add colour to my logo as I didn’t want to over complicate the design plus I thought that it would work on multiple design layouts and colour schemes. As you can see from the image above this was the first stage of my logo.
The next step was to add the letter V into the design I thought this would look good using negative space which actually seemed to work really well. By overlapping the two letters gave a unique edge to the design while at the same time being practical and readable. I then thought that I probably needed to add the word ‘design volunteers’ so that was the next element that needed adding to the design.
Here you can then see the final develop stages where the black box was added over the design to add the name of the company. I’m actually quite happy with how the design end up with the limited amount of time I had to design and produce a finished design. If I had more time I would have loved to develop tis idea further and seen where it have taken me, however considering the time frame I think I’ve done quite well.
The design meets the needs of the brief which was my main aim of this project. I actually really enjoyed this small task and this is something to consider for next years projects.