Typographic poster creation process

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 14.22.18After doing some research into inspiring work I based my design based on my previous research with the theme of pop art. So for the base of my design I wanted to have the background containing dots which is very similar to existing pop art design. I did this by creating a new pattern in indesign where you can set the spacing between the dots, change the colour and change the type of pattern the dots make like grids, diagonal and brick.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 14.22.25This image to the side shows the final outcome of the dotted pattern which I thought would work best with the typography, also the colours that would work well together plus colours that would work well with the theme of my chosen quote. The next for me was to choose a font that again would suit all the visual elements of the typography , the type face I eventually choose was Arial Black as it was bold enough for there to be limited text in the page while at the same time being striking and effective.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 14.23.03To make sure all the text is aligned and for the design I wanted to create I had to make my own guides to help with accuracy.  I made sure that the quite was centralised on the document then place grids and lines so I could continue to the next part of my design. Once I had this all in place I started adding the shadow effect,

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 14.23.43So you can see from this image that the hand-made grid really helped with adding the pink shadow. With help from Tim I was able to use the pen tool accurately to add this shadow effect that goes slightly off the page. What I really had to focus on was the angle in which that shadow went in the same direction from each letter to give the design more flow aesthetically.

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 14.23.50This was the final outcome of my design. I’m really pleased with how turned out as it does really resemble the pop art movement however still showing my theme of women empowerment. The colours work really well together alongside the chosen text. However if I could go back and improve this design it could be to sort out the diagonal line from the ‘R’ to the ‘G’ as it kind looks out-of-place apart from that I’m really pleased with the final outcome.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: