Aim: To explore subcultures or visual communication.
- what causes a subcultures
- incorporation – into mainstream culture
- Folk devils and moral panics
- Identity and revival
[Showing we can get into other people’s skin]
Semiotics – need to show a use of this on the front cover of the creative review.
Signifying practices – Visual Thinking Strategies VTS
What is going on?
What do you see that makes you think that?
What more can we find?
- Look smart
- all look the same
- hair style similar
- Looks like there in a diner
- You tell this as there is a women who looks like she is working and wearing a uniform
- you can see tables and chairs
- Mirror behind them
- Sitting on the floor
- natural clothing
- could be at a protest
- might be camping as you can see the cup on the bottom lefty of the photo
- acoustic guitar
- wearing all black
- leather jackets
- Black boots
- Could be a rock band or a gang
- live a rough part of the country
- Can tell this from the background of rouble and wire
- Factory wall behind them
- All wearing the same coats
- looks like they are by the sea
- same fashion stye, coats, glasses,hair
- I recognise the place ( I Think its Brighton)
- riding together like a gang